Hi everyone, welcome to a new episode of WHALEZONE.TV, which is now available on our blog!
In this episode, our Marine Biologist Marylou explains what happens dolphins in captivity?
Visit our Sponsors:
TERRA AZUL™ See Whales & Dolphins – https://www.azoreswhalewatch.com
Reeves, R. R., and Mead, J. G. (1999). Marine mammals in captivity. In “Conservation and Management of Marine Mammals”, (J.R. Twiss, and R.R. Reeves, Eds), pp. 412–436. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington.
Miller, L. J., Zeigler-Hill, V., Mellen, J., Koeppel, J., Greer, T., and Kuczaj, S. (2012). Dolphin shows and interaction programs: Bene t for conservation education? Zoo Biol. 1–14.
Interview of Richard O’Barry – A whale of a business from Frontline online
1) Bottlenose Dolphins by drone – Courtesy of Tiago Batista and Terra Azul Azores Whale Watching
2) Captive Dolphins – Bullying caused by stress and boredom – Capture by unknown
3) The Complete 2019 SeaWorld “Blue Horizons” Dolphin Show – Capture by unknown
4) Dolphins Fishing On Land – Courtesy of BBC Earth
5) The island’s Coral World Aquarium in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands – Capture by unknown
6) Orca Crying in Captivity – Capture by unknown