How does the TERRA AZUL Guarantee work?
It’s simple. If you join a Terra Azul Azores Whale Watching Tour and no Cetacean (either a Whales or a Dolphin) is sighted, we are pleased to welcome you back for another tour free of charge, within the period of 30 days. Please remember to book early in your itinerary, since we are always dependent on availability and Weather conditions that may prevent outings.
This is not a money-back guarantee – since we are working with wild animals in the middle of the Ocean, as in any Marine Wildlife Expedition, it is not possible to guarantee that you will see specifically Whales, or any other specimen at a specific time frame. Even with our lookout placed high inland, it is not uncommon for our friends to dive into the deep Ocean.
This applies to Whale Watching and Swim with Dolphins tours, in addition to the standard Terms & Conditions below.
- Minimum age is 4
- Any Children up to the age of 13 must always be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Primary First Name, Last Name, and Email Address are required on all bookings. A Phone Number is recommended for last minute changes.
- Bookings are accepted up to 2 hours before departure times.
- Confirmation will be received by email within 24 hours from payment.
- A minimum Deposit of 20% is required to confirm all reservations.
- Full payment is required until 24 hours before departure time.
- We cannot be responsible for any charges resulting from third-party payment transfers, processing, or currency exchange.
Cancellation & Refund
- Should you cancel with more than 7 days notice, you will be fully refunded.
- Should you cancel with less than 7 days notice, we will retain your Deposit, and you will be refunded for the remaining.
- Should you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, or not show up in the designated time, you will be fully charged.
- Should we cancel a trip for any reason, you will be fully refunded.
Specific: Large Groups or Private Tours
- Full payment may be required until 7 days before departure time.
- Should you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, or not show up in the designated time, you will be fully charged.
- Passengers must be ready at the point of departure at the designated departure time, or risk being considered as no-shows to lose their reservation plus being charged for the tour.
- We reserve the right to substitute any vessel without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to cancel any tour without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to change prices in the event of currency fluctuations, taxes or other cost increases out of our control. Tickets purchased prior to the increase will not be affected by the change.
- If, in the opinion of the Skipper, the tour cannot be continued for any reason, then the Skipper may terminate the tour at any time.
- Reservations are required for all tours, and are good for the specific date and time chosen only.
- In the event that any specified tour is cancelled, we reserve the right to, at our option either refund the fare (less any fees) or issue a new reservation for another tour.
- Passengers shall not carry on any alcoholic beverages. In the event of a passenger being required not to embark or to disembark from the vessel under the provisions of this condition, the proprietors, nor the captain shall be under any liability to such passenger of any kind whatsoever.
- Terra Azul, Lda. is not responsible for any injury to person, or damage to property arising from tours.
On the Vessel
- By signing the boarding list you are assuming full responsibility for your integrity on board, and declaring appropriate physical conditions.
- It is mandatory to use life vests during all trip and to stay firmly on your seat until the Skipper indicates otherwise.
- The passenger is obliged to follow the Skipper’s directions at all times.
We work to continuously improve our tours and services, and value the feedback of our Guests towards excellence.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding our service, please contact us as soon as possible on +351 913 453 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns – we’ll reply to you right away.
- Book in advance, and place this tour on top of your schedule to leave room for rescheduling. All tours depend on Weather and availability.
- No refund for Sea-sickness – don’t let it ruin your day and visit the local Pharmacy in forehand.
- Arrive 30 minutes early for Briefing & Registration.
- Bring a personal Water supply.
- Safety Starts with you – inform the Crew if you feel distressed, or if you notice something in the water.
Information we collect:
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site, or when you provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all payment transactions.
We do not use an SSL certificate because we do not process payments.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
When users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless with users’ prior consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release information when it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website its visitors and will welcome any feedback regarding these websites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We have implemented:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
To Opt Out
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Visitors can visit our website anonymously.
You can change your personal information either:
- by emailing us
- by calling us
- by logging in to your account
- by chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old, or let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in a reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or website headquarters.
- Monitor any third-party email marketing services for compliance, if used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of the email
- Contact us by email or phone requesting removal
We will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Last Updated on 2017-08-19