“No Water, No Earth. No Blue, No Green.”
When we are close to the islet of Vila Franca do Campo, we often hear:
” What can we see under the water?”
Azores Islands are located in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The underwater biodiversity is so precious, and we have the duty to take care of it. Azorean waters preserve Atlantic species , but also some Mediterranean species that color the underwater volcanic landscapes.
TOP 10 Fish for Beginners:
- Ornate Wrasse (male & female) – Thalassoma pavo
- Northern Pufferfish – Sphoeroides maculatus
- Grey triggerfish – Balistes capriscus
- Canary Damselfish – Abudefduf luridus
- Azores Damselfish – Chromis limbata
- White Seabream – Diplodus sargus
- Mediterranean Parrotfish (male & female) – Sparisoma cretense
- Dusky grouper – Epinephelus marginatus
- Blacktail comber – Serranus atricauda
- Madeiran Rockfish – Scorpaena maderensis
Your thoughts on this?